.



Day 8 in Busan, South Korea

Date: 3 Sept 2011
Google Temperature: 24-26*C
Personal Temp/Outfit: Sunny and windy. Polo shirt, shorts, slippers

A very much delayed post….oh well, DAY 8, here it is!
Another delayed picture I ALWAYS wanted to post up, here is the picture of the flight of stairs I take DAILY, to get up to my dorm.

And as Xin Yi calls it – The Stairway to Heaven. LOL!

We woke up early to get to a very FAMOUS beach in Busan.

Heundae Beach!

When we finally arrived (it took us at least an hour to get there), we walked a bit and decided to dine at this Chinese restaurant because we are a bit sick of Korean food at the moment.


But guessed what we ordered? JJANGMYUN!
To be strictly speaking, though Jjangmyun is famous in a lot of South Korea TV dramas (like Coffee Prince etc), you can only find them in the CHINESE RESTAUNRANTS.

Watch me devour this delicious dish!

Step 1 – Marvel the food

Step 2 – Mixed it all up! Thoroughly!

Step 3 – For better tasting experience, eat it with pickled radish! They are wonderful combinations!

Step 4 – Stare at the empty bowl and crossed it off the list of thing you wished to do in South Korea

Eat Jjangmyun!

Popping some flu pills after eating. I caught a horrible cold :(

After walking further up, we managed to reach the beach! I think since this is a blog about travelling, there should be some travelling info in some sense (or another).

So here goes:

Haeundae Beach (해운대해수욕장) is probably the most famous beach in the country. "Haeundae" was so named by scholar Choi Chi-Won (857~?) of the Silla Dynasty (BC 57~AD 935). When he was walking past Dongbaekdo Island, he was fascinated by it and left the carved words "Hae Un Dae" on a stone wall on the island. Haeundae is 1.5 km long, 30~50m wide, and spans an area of 58,400㎡. The white sand is rough and sticks easily to your skin. The sand of this beach is composed of sand that comes from Chuncheon Stream and shells that have been naturally eroded by the wind over time. Haeundae Beach is also famous for the various cultural events and festivals held throughout the year. At Haeundae Beach there is a Folk Square where you can enjoy traditional games such as neoldduigi (seesaw jumping), Korean wrestling, tuho(arrow throwing), tug-of-war and yutnori. There is also the Beach Culture Center and the Beach Library. Numerous people visit every year from June to August – Visit Korea.

Anyway…..

It’s freaking big and beautiful! I shall let the pictures do the talking! :)




Back view jump shot of my yeppo buddies!

Everyone jump shot!

Failed front view jump shot. Epic.

Showing off our pretty legs at this pretty beach!

Dongseng running away from oncoming waves. Lol.

With yeppo buddies :)

The water is coooolllddd



Picture Take 1 – AHH~

Picture Take 2 – AHHHH~~~~

Picture Take 3 – Okay? ( I swear this is 100% candid)
I think this was taken before a huge wave crashed us. LOL.

With Soci mates!

With HSS mates!

A new additional to the group – Ang mo Matthew xD

Hee Jong staring at the sea…hmmm wondering who she’s thinking of?

Laughter filled the air that day :)

Ang mo uncle versus….

Korean aljusshi xD

My footprints in the sand

When will I ever walk down here with my other half? xD

A very cute/hot bodyguard *cough*
I thought he wasn’t going to let me take a picture of him, but he ended up walking nearer towards me so that I can take a better picture of him. Lol.

I’m doing this whole clinche marking on the sand thingy.

And everyone shall knows my name at Heundae beach xD

When I first saw this, I thought it was the Little Mermaid. Turns out it’s Princess Hwangok.

The Legend of Princess Hwangok

The view on the other side was where we started. What a long walk!

Me and my soci mates again :)

After a delightful trip at Heundae Beach, we walked into a large shopping department and rest our tired feet at the café which is located beside a HUMONGOUS ice-skating rink! And according to our buddies, this ice-skating rink is considered small. But seriously, it’s even bigger than Kallang’s ice-skating rink!
Singapore should really learn more from the Koreans about building ice skating rinks =x

Can you see how well the KIDS skate ON ICE? It seems like Koreans are almost better at everything than Singaporeans – fashion sense, singing, dancing, skating…=x=x=x

After resting, we head off to eat at Outbreak Steakhouse – Matthew’s request. I’ve never ate at there before, even though there’s one in Singapore’s Millenia Walk…because the prices there seem hefty (>.<)

But anyway, the food there was quite good! Especially the steak! So soft and tender! More importantly, it really comes as medium-well done, just what we ordered! :)



And the portions are so generous!

Well…what can I say about Heundae? To many, it may seem like an ordinary beach. But to a little city girl like me who have only seen small beaches around Singapore, I got to say, Heundae is pretty impressive.
Love it?
I guess I do, in fact, it even make me feel better from my miserable cold that day!

What can I say? Sand, sea and shore makes me happy :D


*P.S: I was a bit surprised to see blog hoppers hopping here and leaving a comment on the c-box. I don't know who you guys are, but thanks for liking whatever weird mumbling I'm posting up here!

And to my friends who read this blog.....I can't wait to see you girls again! :P


◄ Older posts
Newer posts ►



Just a Girl from NTU;




A twenty-one year old girl, ready to conquer the world...or living in South Korea ♔ ...more?

Time for a chat?



Busan attractions! (shall be updated)

Nampo-dong Pt.1
Nampo-dong Pt.2
Hanlim Dormitory + Info
Heundae Beach

Seoul attractions! (shall be updated)

Ewha women University
Myeong-dong
Namsan Tower/ N. Seoul Tower

Useful Links! (shall be updated)

How to Open Bank Account in Busan
Exchange in Dong-A University (Korea) (Aug 2008-Dec2008)
Visit Korea (Eng Website)
Learn Basic Korean Language

K-POP!


template by s.m!sery.
resources: